Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ice Skating and ice sports

There are many ice sports: hockey, figure skating, partner figure skating, and other ice sports.

Figure skating is a beautiful sport. It takes a lot of balance and grace. When I was younger I wanted to be a skater and I always would but on socks and skate around on my kitchen floor like how I saw the pros on tv do. It wasn't pretty most of the time, I would always fall down qand hurt myself in some way shape or form. But eventually I got better not much better but better. I got a few moves down pat like a double axel and some spins. The axel was actually really painful to practice but I still got it, getting the air I needed was hard too do to the fact that I was in socks not skates. I have never acually ice skated and I dont think I will anytime soon; I dont have that kind of grace.
Hockey and ice skating are both olympic sports.

~Zayla~

No comments:

Post a Comment